Category : Commercial
Location : Cairns, QLD
The former Cairns Post Office and Telegraph buildings, owned by Australia Post, were built in 1937 and had been approved to be demolished by Cairns Regional Council. PGA managed to acquire the property, restoring it and re planning the interior as a retail opportunity. A long lease to international duty-free operator DFS was obtained. DFS have occupied the building since the development was completed in 1993. The restoration included removing subsequent additions to the building, and identifying original aspects to restore back to its original design.